Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Right Perspective Towards Money

How many of us think that being rich is having the luxuries in the world? I'm no excuse to my own question. I'm guilty to that thinking too. Ever since I was on my little knee pants I have the perspective of being rich as having nice car, big houses, paid vacations and so on and so forth. In short living in luxury. I can still remember our neighbor perfect for that description but I was wrong. They were actually living in debt. Yes they earn a whooping one million a month but their luxuries is not enough for just 1M.

My point is, it is not how much you earn but how much you save. Yes I must admit I just borrow the idea from Robert Kiyosaki, but it really make sense. Robert also emphasize the basic about assets and liabilities. And liabilities he means not just debt but wrong spending or just the idea of spending itself. Yes we need to spend but spending should not go beyond what we are capable of earning.

So, the next time you are tempted to spend on something you do not need, think again. It's time to change your attitude towards money and start saving. Remember luxury is something on the mind. And being rich is being content of what you have and making the most out of it.

No comments: